Clojurists Together takes very seriously the responsibility of spending and allocating your donations. These are the steps we've taken to ensure that members have confidence in how their money is spent:
- We are a member project of Software Freedom Conservancy, and are required to adhere to their policies. The Software Freedom Conservancy charges a 10% administration fee to handle payments, legal matters, accounting, administration, advice, e.t.c.
- We publish regular updates showing what we did, and where the money went. In particular, if any money went to committee members, e.g. for travel, then this is explicitly broken out.
- Annual elections for committee members are held, and anyone may submit themselves for election.
- We publish guidelines for how we choose projects.
- Project members with close links to projects or applicants will recuse themselves from voting on those proposals. This follows Conservancy's policies on conflict of interest.
- Committee members cannot submit projects or accept any project funding from Clojurists Together.
- Only one person from any company/organisation can be on the committee so as to reduce the influence of any one organisation.
- Committee members serve on a voluntary basis. The project leader is paid for time spent running the project. Project expenses including travel may be reimbursed.
- Minutes from Committee meetings are published.
If you have any questions or concerns about how Clojurists Together is organised or run, you can contact us, or Software Freedom Conservancy if you don't feel comfortable contacting us directly.