July 2018 Monthly Update
By Daniel Compton
Clojurists Together news
This was the final month for CIDER and ClojureScript. Our next two projects that we are funding are cljdoc and Shadow CLJS. Thanks to all of our members who support Clojurists Together. It’s thanks to your generous support that we can do this.
This months updates were all around getting nREPL 0.4 into the hands of everyone.
- I’ve also opened PRs for lein and boot for the new nREPL.
- Released nREPL 0.4.2
- Released nREPL 0.4.3
- Released nREPL 0.4.4
- Created a nice manual for nREPL
- Released cider-nrepl 0.18.0 (with support for nREPL 0.4)
- Removed the lockstep between CIDER and CIDER nREPL versions, now cider-nrepl releases are going to happen independently from CIDER’s (mostly because several editors now rely on cider-nrepl)
- Updated refactor-nrepl to support nREPL 0.4
- Updated piggieback to support nREPL 0.4 (released with 0.3.8)
- Created a lein plugin to start an nREPL 0.4 server easily
- Send a PR to sayid adding nREPL 0.4 support
- Released drawbridge 0.1.3 which added back support for tools.nrepl
Several ClojureScript patches were worked on in first half of July.
- Added a new feature to produce compiler warnings on private var use via CLJS-1702 and CLJS-2817.
- Added function return type inference via CLJS-1997.
- Added support for
IPrintWithWriterwith native types via CLJS-2812.
- Added warnings for non-dynamic earmuffed vars via CLJS-2819.
- Updated to latest
- Updated docstring for
- Submitted a patch in CLJS-2693, which adds chunked seq support to ranges.
- With CLJS-2796, caught a Closure Compiler regression, filed an upstream issue, which was fixed.
- Added a patch in CLJS-2802, which lets
empty?work on transient collections.
- Landed a fix for a bad test related to Windows in CLJS-2811.
- Submitted a patch in CLJS-2813, adding Java serializability of
- Looked into CLJS-2793, an issue with specing variadic fns.
The second half of July involved these tickets:
- Added a new Graal.JS REPL environment via CLJS-2831.
- Updated to Closure Compiler v20180716 via CLJS-2833.
- Updated ClojureScript’s implementation of spec, to bring it to parity with Clojure’s via: CLJS-2725, CLJS-2822, CLJS-2665, CLJS-2848, CLJS-2846, CLJS-2841, CLJS-2847, CLJS-2842, CLJS-2845, CLJS-2844, CLJS-2840, CLJS-2839, CLJS-2838, and CLJS-2837.
- Landed a fix for an issue where
bindingwas not being done in parallel via CLJS-2541.
- Landed a fix for bad code gen surrounding application of
notin operator position via CLJS-2382.
- Submitted a patch to eliminate unnecessary
^booleanannotations in CLJS-2825 (possible because of the new function return type inference).
- Landed a fix for an issue with arglists and macros via CLJS-2852.
This work was a lot of fun—I’m looking forward to the changes appearing in an official ClojureScript release in the future!